Fitness Progress - May 2016
I really need to figure out the whole diet thing. Other than that, I feel good about how the month of May went. I was more active, between gym trips and hockey, I stayed busy.
In terms of lifting, I switched to a Pull-Push-Legs routine and so far I have to say I like it. My gym trips are now a little shorter, but I feel like they’re more intense. Prior to the change in routines, I was able to get my bench press to 200 pounds which is a big milestone for me. I ended up dropping it 15 pounds to handle the additional sets, but I’m confident I’ll get the weight back up and surpass 200 on my way to a two-plate bench press (225 lbs.).
Weight-wise, I’ve really just been hovering, but I’m hoping once my kitchen is back up and running, it will be a little bit easier for me to handle meals and keep myself under my caloric intake goal.
Here’s my progress for the month of May compared with the end of April
- Days Active: 23
- Trips to the Gym: 15
- Number of Runs: 10 (treadmill runs included)
- Distance Ran: 22.75 miles
- Weight (Change): 180.2 lbs. (-0.9 lbs.)
- Body Fat % (Change): 22.9% (+0.1%)
Weight Lifting Benchmarks:
- Bench Press (Change): 200 lbs. (+10 lbs.)
- Squat (Change): 230 lbs. (No Change)
- Deadlift (Change): 295 lbs. (+20 lbs.)
- Overhead Press (Change): 125 lbs. (+10 lbs.)
- Weight: -1.4 lbs.
- Body Fat %: No Change
- Bench Press: +55 lbs.
- Squat: +65 lbs.
- Deadlift: +110 lbs.
- Overhead Press: +40 lbs.