Of course the month of my vacation is the month that seems to fly by the fastest.
Hockey Starting Back Up
Since the teams I play on either got knocked out of the playoffs early or missed them entirely, I've had almost a month to a month and a half of no hockey. Mid-September that changed and 2 of the 3 leagues have started back up with the 3rd starting up mid-October.
In the middle of the month, I went on vacation to Cape May, New Jersey. It was a glorious week where I relaxed, checked out the local breweries and wineries, read a bunch, and just re-charged. I was sad to see it end, but super glad to be back in my own bed.
Not Running the Marathon
I hate quitting and giving up on things, but I've come to the conclusion that the marathon is not going to happen for me this year. My long runs have not been going well and I'm feeling absolutely broken after them. I was doing well on my medium (6-7 miles) runs, but the long 13+ mile runs were becoming too much for me. I was looking forward to trying to beat 5 hours, but at the end of the day, the toll it was putting on my body just wasn't worth it to me. I don't recover like I used to.
At the end of the month I got the new COVID-19 booster. COVID isn't done with us and I wanted to make sure I got myself protected. I'd highly recommend you do so too.
🏃🏼♂️ Running & Biking
- Running: Despite calling off the marathon, I ran just shy of 76 miles in September.
- Biking: Nope
- Getting back into it, since I'm not running the marathon, I'm going back to a 5/3/1 plan
- Walkaway by Cory Doctorow
- The Night the Lights Went Out by Drew Magary
- Fell behind on my weekly reading lists
- Continued to play World of Warcraft
- Re-started Jedi: Fallen Order
- Continued watching The Office
- Started the current season of Star Trek: Lower Decks