April wasn’t a bad month. I was productive and was able to finish the month with a well deserved long weekend vacation.
Reworking My Site
Early on in the month I decided to put Astro on hold and instead focus on cleaning up what I already had for my site with Next.js. I took some of the designing I was doing with Astro and applied it to my current platform. The work was fun and in the end my site is now running the latest version of Next.js (for now) and looks a tad bit better. The downside is that I had to remove my photography section and photo blog temporarily while I find a CDN to store the images.
A Nice Long Weekend
At the end of the month, my wife and I went to Cape May, New Jersey to celebrate her birthday. The weather was gorgeous and we were able to check out the local wineries and just sit out on our hotel’s veranda with a drink and read. It wasn’t a full week, but the long weekend was the perfect way to unwind.
Hey, We’re League Champions!
The latest I-League season at my rink ended this month and my team was able to win the upper bracket championship. We started the season out rough at 0 - 3, but finished with 7 straight wins to capture the trophy. I managed to get a 1 - 0 shutout to seal the win.
🏃🏼♂️ Running & Biking
- Running: I only ended up running 22.9 miles this month.
- Biking: Nope
- After hitting the 1,000 lbs. mark, I’ve deloaded and am working my way back up. It’s going well, might not be doing the same weight, but am doing more volume.
- Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
- The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
- Pacific Crucible: War at Sea in the Pacific, 1941-1942 by Ian W. Toll
- The Conquering Tide: War in the Pacific Islands, 1942-1944 by Ian W. Toll
- Continued my reading logs
- Continued my Blazor Series with Integrating with Entity Framework
- Wrote about Libby & Libraries
- Wrote about My Site Updates
- Not much of any gaming
- Finished Star Trek Picard
- Continuing Star Trek Voyager
- Started re-watching Elementary
- 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Update 5.2.2023 : Fixed Duplicate Header