My Typical Weekday
I've seen posts like this going around so I figured I'd share what my typical weekday looks like.
- 5:45am: Wake up. Feed the cat, take the dog out and feed him. Weigh myself and get ready to workout.
- 6:15am - 7:30am: Work out. Most often, this is lifting weights, but I might hop on my bike trainer instead from time-to-time.
- 7:30am: Make coffee, take a shower and brush my teeth.
- 8:00am: Start work. I've only been at my current job a little over a month, so meetings tend to be all over the place.
- 12:00pm: Go for a walk, a short run or the bike trainer when I can. Have a quick bite to eat after.
- 1:00pm: Back to work for the afternoon.
- 5:00pm: The work day is over. I'll generally cook dinner around now. If it's leftovers, I might play a video game or mess around for a little bit.
- 6:00pm: Eat dinner with my wife and then feed the animals their dinner.
- 6:30pm: Start enjoying the evening. I'll generally laze about. Sometimes I'll watch some TV, play some video games or work on my side projects.
- 8:00pm: Start getting ready for bed. I'll brush my teeth and lay things out for the next day.
- 8:30pm: Hop into bed and read for an hour to an hour and a half. Sometimes it's a book, sometimes it's the news, sometimes it's just mindlessly browsing the internet.
- 9:30 - 10:00pm: Lights out and go to bed.
This has changed a bit since I started my new job at Webstaurant and I've grown accustomed to it. My lunch hour will probably change a bit once it starts staying light out longer, but for now this has been working for me.
I'd love to see how other people, both developers and others structure their days.
Edit (1/14/21 8:16pm): Typo