December was a quiet month, but I feel like I spent the better part of it dealing with colds.
Cold Season is Back
After generally avoiding being sick over the last 2 years, I ended up with back to back colds. The first and last week of the month I was knocked on my ass with a cough and a nose running more than a faucet. Tested negative for COVID thankfully, so just annoying bugs I had to deal with...twice.
Christmas with Family
Thankfully the colds sort of surrounded Christmas and didn’t occur on the actual holiday. Lauren and I were able to spend time with both of our families over the holidays. I even saw my one brother who I haven’t seen since before the pandemic. I also met his son for the first time, my nephew who was born during the pandemic.
Other than that, it was a relatively quiet month.
🏃🏼♂️ Running & Biking
- Running: I only ended up running 7.4 miles in December thanks to the weather and being sick.
- Biking: Nope
- Haven’t been too active lifting due to being sick
- Four Lost Cities: A Secret History of the Urban Age by Annalee Newitz
- Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
- Continued my reading logs
- Wrote about my thoughts on the book, Chokepoint Capitalism
- Wrote about how having the dev tools open during development can be helpful
- Wrote about compatibility
- Wrote about how Star Trek: Generations is underrated
- Completed Jedi: Fallen Order
- Started Horizon Zero Dawn
- Continued Pokemon Violet, but have been losing speed
- Continuing Yellowstone, now up to date
- Continuing Daria
- Continuing It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- Continuing Star Trek: Voyager