September 2023 Check-In
The fall season has begun. The weather has started to chill which is thankful since our AC still needs repairing or replacement.
Started Writing More
Towards the end of the month, I decided I wanted to start to write more, and made a goal of writing a bit every day. It hasn't been that long, but so far, I've been sticking with it. I'm not always writing a lot, but the thought is to get something down every day. More and or better can come as time progresses I figure.
A Dull Month
Overall, it's been a pretty dull month, which isn't a bad thing. The fall hockey season started up and I spent a lot of evenings on the couch watching TV and reading with my wife. I started "attacking" my podcast queue and have slowly been making a little bit of progress.
I'm not mad about a quiet month, definitely has its plusses.
🏃🏼♂️ Running & Biking
- Running: 20.98 miles
- Biking: Nope
- Haven’t lifted that much, was kind of a lazy month in that aspect
- Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson
- A History of the World in 6 Glasses by Tom Standage
- Packing for Mars by Mary Roach
- Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell
- Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman
- Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- Continued my reading logs
- Wrote about
- Still playing through Horizon Forbidden West
- Continued Altered Carbon
- Finished Jack Ryan
- Started season 4 of Star Trek: Lower Decks
- Started a re-watch of Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Started Schitt's Creek
- Started, and finished season 3 of For All Mankind